Elettra is hiring: PR Consultant
Elettra Communications has an immediate opening for a public relations consultant with experience in media relations, issues management, and event management. Responsibilities:
- Act as day-to-day contact for clients.
- Participate in the development of PR strategies.
- Handle tactical execution of PR strategies from start to finish.
- Develop a variety of communications tools, including news releases, fact sheets, media statements, bios, articles, web copy, speeches, and client correspondence.
- Create targeted media lists – local and national.
- Develop effective pitches and successfully generate media coverage for clients.
- Handle incoming media inquiries.
- Develop social media strategies, assist clients with implementation.
- Develop messaging and provide guidance and coaching to spokespeople.
- Develop issues management strategies and key messages.
- Monitor coverage in traditional and social media, and develop project recaps.
- Provide event management support, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or English.
- Minimum three years experience in a media relations-intensive position.
- Experience in PR account management.
- Proven track record of success garnering media coverage.
- Strong competency in social media strategy, content development, and monitoring.
- Experience with issues and crisis management in a communications environment.
- Experience providing coaching to company spokespeople.
- Exceptional writing abilities.
- Exceptional media literacy.
- Flexible with hours and able to respond to media inquiries / attend events outside the 9-5, Monday-Friday workweek.
- Previous experience in a PR agency setting will be considered an asset.
Applicants are asked to send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.