James Walt Wins Whistler Brewing's 25th Anniversary Cask Championship
Whistler Brewing Company celebrated its 25th Anniversary on Saturday evening at the Longhorn in Whistler with a special customized cask competition. Earlier this month six BC personalities tapped into their inner brewmaster to create a customized cask of ‘anniversary ale’ by developing their own recipes using a Whistler Brewing base beer and selecting their own combination of hops and other ingredients.
The contestants tapped their casks and their special brews were judged at the company’s anniversary party this weekend by a judging panel including representatives from BC Craft Brewers Guild, Whistler Blackcomb Food and Beverage, Whistler FM and headed by Whistler Brewing Company president Bruce Dean.
The participants were:
- Rob Boyd: Olympian and World Cup downhill winner
- Kristin Gordon: Global BC Meteorologist
- Bob Kronbauer: Publisher of Vancouver is Awesome
- Sean Pettit: Canadian freestyle skier
- Sophie Lui: Global BC Morning News co-anchor
- James Walt: Executive Chef at Araxi
James Walt’s “The Missing German” brew was announced the winner and was awarded a special 25th Anniversary trophy. Sean Pettit came second with his “The Root Beer”.