Great Job Alert: PR Consultant
Are you the PR Consultant we're looking for?
Do you have a passion for being in the know? Do you start every day getting up to speed on what’s happening in your city and around the world? Does the idea of learning something new every day thrill you? Then this job may be for you.
We are a team of smart, informed, resourceful, quality-driven, and accountable individuals. We currently have an opening for a dynamic PR Consultant.
- Participating in campaign planning and handling day-to-day project management including budgeting, timelines, and status reporting.
- Producing compelling communications materials (written and visual) to support campaigns.
- Executing media relations campaigns, including: preparing effective written and visual materials; researching and crafting compelling story angles; and successfully pitching media.
- Preparing spokespeople for media interviews, and assisting with formal media training sessions.
- Supporting the development of comprehensive event plans and working with suppliers to create top-notch event solutions.
- Handling event logistics, collateral production, and aspects of project management.
- Developing social media content calendars for clients, including paid and organic content. Preparing written and visual content.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- SMART: You are sharp and quick-thinking.
- INFORMED: You’re a newshound who is informed about our city and our country.
- RESOURCEFUL: You are not daunted by obstacles or uncertainty. You simply find a way to get it done.
- QUALITY-DRIVEN: You are dedicated to producing work of the highest standard.
- ACCOUNTABLE: You keep your commitments. You take responsibility and ownership over your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Arts, Marketing, or Public Relations.
- 3-5 years’ direct experience in public relations.
- Strong knowledge of regional/national media landscape.
- Exceptional writing skills. You write clear and sophisticated prose in a variety of styles.
- Proven success with conducting media relations campaign.
- Highly adept at, and engaged with, social media.
- The following are considered assets: Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency; photography skills; Wordpress skills
Full time, permanent. You must be flexible with hours and able to respond to media inquiries and work at events outside the 9-5, Monday-Friday work week.
Salary will match experience of the successful candidate. Expected start: Early September 2017.
Demonstrate your exceptional writing skills by sending a well-crafted cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Application closing date: July 10, 2017.