Job Posting: Communications Consultant
Are you the Communications Consultant we’re looking for?
Do you have a passion for being in the know? Do you start every day getting up to speed on what’s happening in your city and around the world? Does the idea of working with a wide range of clients from a variety of industries excite you? Then this job may be for you.
Elettra Communications is full service communications agency that offers stakeholder communications, media relations, event management, and social media services. Our clients include Granville Island, YVR, Emily Carr University, Cactus Club Cafe, Harbour Centre, and GWL Realty Advisors.
We are a team of smart, informed, resourceful, quality-driven, and accountable individuals. We currently have an opening for a dynamic Communications Consultant.
Writing and project management form the core responsibilities of this position. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Planning campaigns, managing projects, and creating budgets, timelines and status reports.
- Producing compelling communications materials (written and visual).
- Executing media relations campaigns, which includes preparing written and visual materials, researching and crafting story angles, and pitching media.
- Preparing spokespeople for media interviews and assisting with formal media training sessions.
- Supporting the development of comprehensive event plans and working with suppliers to create top-notch event solutions.
- Handling event logistics, collateral production, and aspects of project management.
- Developing social media content calendars, creating content and managing paid ad campaigns.
- Working with videographers to produce compelling videos to support campaigns.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Smart: You are sharp and quick-thinking.
- Informed: You’re a newshound who is informed about our city and our country.
- Resourceful: You are not daunted by obstacles or uncertainty. You simply find a way to get it done.
- Quality-driven: You are dedicated to producing work of the highest standard.
- Accountable: You keep your commitments. You take responsibility and ownership over your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Arts, Marketing, or Public Relations.
- 3-6 years’ direct experience in a public relations or communications environment.
- Exceptional writing skills. You write clear and sophisticated prose in a variety of styles.
- Experience in communications project management, working with multiple suppliers, managing timelines and budgets.
- Strong knowledge of regional/national media landscape.
- Proven success in conducting media relations campaigns.
- Experience developing social media content calendars, creating content and managing paid social ad campaigns.
- The following are considered assets: Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency; photography skills; WordPress skills; experience with video production; agency experience.
This is a permanent, full-time position. While we encourage work-life balance, the nature of our industry means that you will occasionally be asked to respond to media/client inquiries and work at events outside of the 9-5, Monday-Friday work week.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Extended medical
- Downtown office close to transit
- Annual professional development grant
- Mobile phone plan subsidy
- Guidance and mentorship from PR industry veterans
- A group of coworkers who love discussing current affairs and politics just as much as you do
Demonstrate your exceptional writing skills by sending a well-crafted cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date: March 28, 2018