Calling All PR Students: Elettra is looking for event volunteers
UPDATE: We have now filled our volunteer roster for this event. Thank you to everyone who offered to volunteer! Elettra Communications, producer of Vancouver magazine’s Restaurant Awards, is looking for student volunteers to assist with Vancouver’s premier restaurant industry event. This opportunity will appeal to students who have an interest in public relations, publishing, marketing, or event management. Now in its 21st year, Vancouver magazine’s Restaurant Awards is the biggest event of its kind in North America. Twenty of the city’s top food critics form the judging panel and vote on the best dining experience in more than 30 categories. The event itself includes a reception and awards show. The annual extravaganza welcomes more that 700 restaurateurs, chefs, sommeliers, suppliers, and food and wine critics.
- Tuesday, May 18th 10:30am – 6pm (required)
- Monday, May 17th 1pm – 4pm (if available)
Volunteers will assist with a range of activities including:
- Event set up
- Gift bag assembly and distribution
- Guest check-in
- Awards presenting/backstage coordination
- Coat check
Benefit to you:
- Event coordination experience.
- Exposure to the behind-the-scenes workings of a large event.
- Opportunity to build contacts in the PR, marketing, and publishing industries.
- Lunch will be provided.
Dress code: All black. No jeans; no running shoes/sneakers. How to apply: If you would like to volunteer for this opportunity, please contact email@example.com. In your email please provide a brief introduction to yourself, and include a description of your current course of study and your contact information.