Job Posting: Account Coordinator
Elettra Communications has an immediate opening for a full time Account Coordinator. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven professional who is keen to take the next step in their PR career. Responsibilities:
- Writing media materials, including news releases, fact sheets, articles, and web copy.
- Developing media lists, distributing media materials, and pitching stories.
- Responding to incoming reactive media inquiries.
- Monitoring media and developing campaign recaps.
- Monitoring social media channels on behalf of clients.
- Developing social media content and assisting in strategy development.
Events / Community Relations
- Coordinating events and community programs, working with clients and suppliers.
- Supporting senior team members on a variety of communications projects.
- Supporting administrative functions of the agency.
- Contributing to Elettra’s social media profiles. Creating content for Elettra’s blog.
- Conducting research on a variety of topics.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Arts.
- Previous experience (6 months – 1 year) working in a public relations agency or within a communications team. This can include internships.
- Strong media literacy and interest in local, national, and international current affairs and news.
- Active user of social media, including all major platforms. Experience in content development and monitoring.
- Exceptional writing and oral communications skills.
- A wealth of knowledge about, and passion for, the city of Vancouver.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible with hours and able to respond to media inquiries / attend events outside the 9-5, Monday-Friday workweek.
Please apply with cover letter and cv to email@example.com.