Seeking a PR Star
Position: PR Account Associate
Elettra Communications (www.elettra.ca) has an immediate opening for dynamic, well-rounded PR Associate. We’re looking for the communications total package – someone with superior writing skills, media relations know-how, and social media savvy. And if you’re an events wizard, that goes a long way, too.
The position is full-time, permanent.
- Act as day-to-day contact for clients.
- Participate in the development of PR strategies.
- Handle tactical execution of PR campaigns from start to finish.
- Develop a variety of communications tools and content, including media materials, social media content, articles, web copy, speeches, and client correspondence.
- Build targeted media lists – local and national.
- Develop effective pitches and successfully generate media coverage for clients.
- Handle incoming media inquiries.
- Develop social media strategies and content.
- Develop messaging and provide guidance and coaching to spokespeople.
- Work with senior team members on issues management strategies and develop key messages.
- Handle event coordination responsibilities for client events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Arts, Marketing, or Public Relations.
- A dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic personality.
- Aptitude for BOTH creativity and organization.
- 1-3 years public relations experience.
- Exceptional writing skills. You must be a great writer who can develop compelling, sophisticated prose in a variety of styles.
- Previous media relations experience with a track record of successfully generating media coverage.
- High level of digital literacy, including facility with all major social media channels. Experience in social media management, content development, and monitoring.
- Exceptional media literacy and an unwavering thirst for knowledge of current events.
- A love for, and strong interest in, the city of Vancouver.
- Flexible with hours and able to respond to media inquiries / attend events outside the 9-5, Monday-Friday work week.
- Skill in photography, InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator considered and asset.
- PR agency experience is an asset.
Applicants are asked to send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.